Everyone dreams of a place of their own where they can relax and live a peaceful life. One of the most debatable discussions in the real estate market is: should we build our own house or should we purchase an already existing house?
Each option comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. In this article, we will be discussing all these pros and cons so that you can make an informed decision about your home.
Building a House
Building a house means starting everything from scratch. You just have a piece of land to play with. Starting the foundation of your house can be really exciting, especially for people who always wanted a dream house of their own.
It is also a great option for people who have an active imagination and want to design everything on their own.
However, there are some pros and cons of building a house.
Pros of Building a House
There are multiple advantages of building a house. Some of these advantages include:
- The competition for readymade houses is very high, especially for high ranking properties. Contrarily, when you construct your house, the competition gradually decreases.
- One of the biggest advantages of building a house is customization. Unlike ready-made houses, you can customize the details of the house according to your taste and preference. You can easily personalize things like layout, interior, paints, fixtures, and the theme of the house, lights, and even the garden.
- New houses come with the latest building codes. When people build their houses from scratch, they try to make it as modern and efficient as possible. Therefore, it is safe to say that the newer houses are more energy-efficient and more secure. People are now installing the latest smart devices to make your home smart for security and efficiency. Old houses lack these features.
- When you build a house, you do not have to worry about maintenance issues and renovation costs for a few years. You do not have to worry about a leaking roof, failed heating system, and blocked drainage system.
Cons of Building a House
Apart from several benefits, building a house is a very complex process. in short, constructing a house comes with cons as well.
- On average, it takes around seven to eight months to construct a house. Therefore, if you are looking for immediate accommodation, building a house might not be possible for you.
- Statistics show that building a house is costlier than buying a house. When you build a house, you might spend on things you do not even need. For instance, expensive tiles or a dirty kitchen. All these accumulate, making construction expensive. Read cost to construct 5 marla, 1 marla, and one kanal house to get estimates of constructing a house. In short, building a house is not an easy task.
- When you purchase a house, the chances of price negotiations are high. This isn’t the case while building a house. You cannot negotiate and bring down the overall cost of the property because there is no third party involved.
Buying an Existing House
Is buying a house worth every penny of your hard-earned money?
If the construction of a new home is not your cup of tea, worry not. There are plenty of houses for sale in Islamabad and Rawalpindi.